Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations


AgricultureAlcoholAutomobileBankingBoatingChild CareConsumer ProtectionContractors/Building/Construction/Home Owner ImprovementsCorporationsCourtsEducational InstitutionsEmployersEnvironmental ProtectionEquineFoodGeneral Business LicenseHealthLottery/GamingManufacturingProfessionsProtecting the PublicRoads and AccessSpecial Event/Sporting Event




Commercial Feeds and Pet Foods

Commercial Fertilizers and Soil Conditioners

Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Permit

Deer Depredation Permits

Fertilizer and Soil Conditioners Tonnage Report

Grain Mills, Employees, and Equipment

Lime Tonnage

Liming Materials

Meat, Poultry, and Egg Inspection License

Nursery and Plant Dealers

Nutrient Management Consultants, Generators, and Handlers

Pesticide – Applicators Individuals

Pesticide – Dealers

Pesticide – Registration

Pesticides – Applicator Businesses

Spray Irrigation

Timber Harvesters



Liquor License

Liquor License: Group Gathering



Auto Body Shop

Certified Emission Repair Technician Permits

Medical Transport Vehicles

Motor Carrier Services

Motor Vehicle Dealers



Check Casher

Licensed Lenders (Non-Mortgage Companies Only)

Mortgage Broker

Motor Vehicle Financing

Preneed Funeral Contracts

Sale of Checks

Transportation of Money and Valuables



Charter Boat Licenses

Head Boat Licenses

River Pilot


Child Care

Child Care – Residential Child Care Facilities and Day Treatment Programs

Child Care Facilities – Home Based and Centers

Child Placing Agencies


Consumer Protection

Alarm Agencies

Alarm and Security System Employees

Debt Management Service

Door to Door Sales

Loan Modification Service Provider

Notary Public

Securities and Investment Firms, Brokers, and Agents


Weighmasters and Service Persons


Contractors/Building/Construction/Home Owner Improvements


Construction Activity, Large Area: Agricultural, Residential, Commercial, Industrial, or Institutional

Construction along Delaware’s Coastline

Electrical Inspection Agency


Federal Consistency review under the Coastal Zone Management Act


Home Inspector

Homeowner Permits for Electrical Work

Lead Activity Firms

Manufactured Home

Master Plumber

Plumbing Permitting – Commercial

Plumbing Permitting – Residential

Well Contractors (Drillers)

Well Contractors (Pump Installers)

Wetlands, Subaqueous Lands, and Marina Permits



Corporations – Legal Entity Formation

Entity Name Reservation

Foreign Qualification for Corporations



“Doing Business As” Name Registration for Business Fictious Names


Educational Institutions

Schools of Cosmetology and Barbering



Employee Withholding

Unemployment Insurance

Workers’ Compensation- Insurance requirement


Environmental Protection

Aboveground Storage Tank (AST)

Commercial Fishing

Dry Cleaner: Perchloroethylene Source Category Permits

Fishing Guide Licenses

Gasoline Delivery

Hazardous Waste Post Closure

Hazardous Waste TSDF

Hunting Guide

Nuisance Wildlife Control

Open Burning

Recyclers, Reuse, and Composting Operations

Resource Recovery Facility

Scientific Collecting

Shellfish Aquaculture

Shellfish Dealer

Solid Waste Landfills

Solid Waste Post Closure

Solid Waste Transfer Station

Solid and Hazardous Waste Transporters

Trapping License

Underground Injections and Injection Wells

Underground Storage Tank (UST) Certified Contractors

Underground Storage Tank (UST) Certified Operator

Underground Storage Tank Facilities (Primarily Gas Stations) Infrastructure Registrations

Underground Storage Tank Facilities (Primarily Gas Stations) Vapor Recovery Permits

Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Licenses (includes liquid waste hauler)

Wastewater Treatment and Disposal System Permits (Large Systems)



Harness Racing

Harness Racing (horses)

Thoroughbred Racing



Food: Establishments (restaurant, food truck, bakery, diner, caterer, frozen dessert stand, butcher, food delivery, others)

Food: Food Establishment Plumbing Permitting Requirements

Food: Temporary Food Establishments

Milk: Production, Sale, Transport, and Storage

Non-alcoholic beverage manufacture


General Business License

General Business License



Athletic Trainer


Body Art Establishments

Certified Nursing Assistant

Chemical Dependency Professional


Controlled Substances

Dentist, Dental Hygienist, and Dental Resident


Hearing Aid Dispenser

Home Health Agencies

Long Term Care Facilities

Nurse (RN, LPN, and APN)

Nursing Home Administrator


Paramedic, EMT, EMS

Pharmacist, Pharmacy Intern, Pharmacies, Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and Distributor, and Vet Medicine Retailer

Physical Therapist

Physician, Physician Assistant, Respiratory Care Practitioners, Acupuncture Practitioners, Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists, Genetic Counselors and Polysomnographers

Pools/Spas/Hot Tubs

Pools: Approved Operators

Public Water Supply Operator

Radiation: Machine Facilities Registration

Radiation: Service Provider Registration

Respiratory Care

Water Treatment Plant Operator



Lottery Retailer



Accidental Release Prevention: Chemicals posing hazards

Boilers and Pressure Vessels

Emergency Release Notification

Hazardous Chemical Inventory (Initial, Annual Tier II, and Updates)

Manufacture/Sale of Mattresses, Pillows and Bedding

Manufacturing in Delaware’s Coastal Zone

Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) reporting



Accountant (PA, CPA, and firms)




Constables – Individuals


Deadly Weapons Dealer


Funeral Services

Genetic Counselor


Land Surveyor

Landscape Architect

Marriage and Family Therapy

Massage and Bodywork

Nail Technician

Occupational Therapy

Pawnbrokers, Secondhand Dealers and Scrap Metal Processors


Private Investigators and Security Guards

Professional Counselors of Mental Health

Professional Engineer


Radiation Technology Certification

Real Estate

Real Estate Appraiser

Salons and Salon Shops

Social Worker

Speech Pathology

Veterinary Medicine


Protecting the Public

Adult Entertainment Establishment

Armored Car Agency

Armored Car Employees

Bail Enforcement Agents

Fire Marshal: Licenses and Permits

Recreational Camps


Roads and Access

Commercial Driver’s License

Commercial Entrances

Construction Contractors (DelDOT)

Consultants (DelDOT)

Disadvantaged Businesses (DELDOT)

Land Development Projects

Motor Coach/Bus Drivers

Oversize/Overweight Permits

Residential Entrances

Taxi Drivers and Limousine Drivers (in state)

Taxi Drivers and Limousine Drivers (out of state, operating in DE)

Temporary Entrances

Trolley Drivers


Special Event/Sporting Event

Boxing Event

Charitable Gaming Event

Fire Marshal: Licenses and Permits for Special Events

Mixed Martial Arts Event

Special Event Permit (affecting roads/traffic)

Sports Entertainment Event

Related Topics:  

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.