Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Nutrient Management Consultants, Generators, and Handlers

There are four types of licenses the Office of Nutrient Management offers. Nutrient Generator – A person within the State of Delaware who operates a facility that produces organic or inorganic nutrients. Private Nutrient Handler (PNH) – A person in this State who applies organic or inorganic nutrients to lands he or she owns, leases, or otherwise controls. Commercial Nutrient Handler (CNH) – A person in this State who applies organic or inorganic nutrients to lands as a component of a commercial or agricultural business in exchange for a fee or service charge. Nutrient Consultant (NMC) – A person in this state who is engaged in the activities of advising or consulting regarding the formulation, application or scheduling of organic or inorganic nutrients as part of a Nutrient Management Plan. In all license types, in order to maintain certification, the certification holder must successfully complete continuing education courses prior to the expiration date which is identified on the certification card. The continuing education course must be approved by the Nutrient Management Program prior to the start of the program.

More Information

Department: Agriculture

Division: Nutrient Management


Certificates normally will be issued and renewed for periods of three years for nutrient generators, private nutrient handlers, and commercial nutrient handlers. Certified nutrient consultants will be issued and renewed certifications annually.


The fee for a one-year certificate issued to nutrient consultants shall be $100.00. The certificate fee for commercial nutrient handlers for a three-year certificate shall be $150.00. No fee will be charged for certification of a nutrient generator or a private nutrient handler.

Application Form

Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Larry Towle can be contacted by email at and by phone at 302-698-4555.

Registry of Licenses Search


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.