Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Trapping License

A Trapping License is required to trap wildlife

All individuals trapping animals are required to have a trapping license. An approved Trapping Education Course is Mandatory for all persons born after January 1, 1978 as per Delaware Code.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Fish and Wildlife

Office: Recreational Licensing


Delaware’s trapping license year covers the period of July 1 through June 30.


Various, please see:

Application Form

Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Danielle Davis can be contacted by email at and by phone at 302-739-9918.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.