Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Recyclers, Reuse, and Composting Operations

Recycling/Composting Permit

Recycling/reuse operations and composting operations must obtain written approval from the Department. The process and ultimate approval are referred to as a Beneficial Use Determination (BUD). It is typically for recyclers handling materials that are segregated. More complex operations handling mixed wastes require a Resource Recovery Facility Permit.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Waste and Hazardous Substances

Office: Compliance and Permitting


Case by case



Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Adam Schlachter can be contacted by email at by phone at 302-739-9403.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.