Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Commercial Fertilizers and Soil Conditioners

Product Registration

The DDA Agricultural Compliance Section registers certain agricultural products that are sold or distributed in Delaware; collects samples from the marketplace for lab analysis; and issues violations and withdraws from distribution non-registered products, mislabeled products, and nutrient-deficient products. The section also tests poultry manures, fertilizers, feeds, and pet foods for nutrient content and contaminants.

More Information

Department: Agriculture

Division: Agriculture Compliance


Product registrations are good for one year. The Delaware Fertilizer and Soil Conditioner Law requires a semi-annual tonnage report to be filed for periods ending June 30 or December 31, to be filed within thirty (30) days following the end of the reporting period. If the report is not made within thirty (30) days, a surcharge amounting to ten (10) percent (Minimum $10.00) per month shall be assessed against the registrant and the Department of Agriculture shall have a lien against the registrant for the amount owed, including the surcharge.


For fertilizer the fee is $28.75 for products under 10 lbs and $1.15 for products over 10 lbs with a 10 cents per ton sold fee.

Application Form

Apply Online (Fillable)


Applicable Laws


Dan Woodall can be contacted by email at and by phone at 302-698-4526.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.