Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Hazardous Chemical Inventory (Initial, Annual Tier II, and Updates)

Reporting for businesses that use or store specific chemicals

Businesses having certain chemicals on-site above specified threshold levels are required to report on identity, amount, locations, storage containers, hazards, etc. for each chemical. Also provide emergency contact information, site plot plan, etc. Information is made available to emergency planning and response organizations. Fees submitted with reports. Required under combination of federal and State laws.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Waste and Hazardous Substances

Office: Emergency Response & Strategic Services


Annual reports due by March 1, covering activities at facility during previous calendar year. Periodic updates can be required within 3 months of new substance first exceeding threshold amount on-site. EHSs must reported witihn 60 days of first exceeding Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ).


Fee based on number and type of chemicals reported on annual reports. Motor vehicle fuels at gas stations exempt. Government and non-profits exempt. Cap of $5,000 per facility per year.

Apply Online

Reporting and payment can be completed entirely online. The Web-based application calculates the appropriate reporting fee due, and facilities can pay on-line through the system using a credit card (or send check by mail).

Apply Online (Fillable)

Reports can be completed and submitted using on-line Web-based application known as Tier II Manager:

Renewal Form (Fillable)

For subsequent reporting years, facilities can log into the system, review and update their previous data, and submit an updated report for the new year.

Applicable Laws


Robert Pritchett can be contacted by email at and by phone at 302-739-9405.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.