Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Reporting

For larger facilities manufacturing/processing/using certain toxic chemicals

Certain larger industrial facilities manufacturing, processing, or using listed toxic chemicals above annual threshold amounts are required to report on-site releases, off-site transfers, and waste management activities for each covered chemical. Data are compiled into annual Statewide TRI report released publicly, as somewhat of an annual “report card” on the handling of toxic chemicals by these larger facilities. Required under a combination of federal and State laws.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Waste and Hazardous Substances

Office: Emergency Response & Strategic Services


Reports due annually by July 1 covering activities at facility during previous calendar year.


No fees.

Application Form

Reporting instructions can be obtained by contacting either the Delaware EPCRA Reporting Program or the U.S. EPA Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Program.

Applicable Laws


Robert Pritchett can be contacted by email at or by phone at 302-739-9405.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.