Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Solid Waste Facility Closure/Post-Closure

Approvals for closing Solid Waste Facilities

Permitted Waste facilities must contact DNREC Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances to obtain a closure/post-closure permit that outlines their closure plan responsibilities.  The Post-Closure care permit maintains the property, provides monitoring to protect human health and the environment, and provides financial assurance to ensure issues have adequate funding.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Waste and Hazardous Substances

Office: Compliance and Permitting


Case by case up to 10-year max

Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Adam Schlachter can be contacted by email at by phone at 302-739-9403.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement.  Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.