Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Timber Harvesters

Notification to DDA required for any timber harvested over one acre

Erosion and Sedimentation (E&S) permits are required for timber harvesting operations to protect water quality and avoid soil erosion and sedimentation that could severely degradate the harvesting site.

More Information

Department: Agriculture

Division: Forest Service


Permits issued for timber harvesting operations exceeding one acre and are for the life of the harvesting operation – most harvests are completed within 6 months.



Application Form

Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Michael Valenti can be contacted by email at and by phone at 302-698-4550.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.