Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Open Burning

One-time approvals for open burning events

DNREC issues approvals for residential, recreational, prescribed, demolition, and agricultural open burning activities. Each approval is for a one-time event. Only items approved for burning in Delaware will be approved to burn. Burning of trash, yard waste, fallen leaves, or debris is never allowed. Open burning activities are restricted during the Summer Ozone Season.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Air Quality

Office: Area Source Compliance


Approval is issued for one-time use per burn event, routinely covering a burn event starting at 8am and ending by 4pm.


No fee for approval

Apply Online


Applicable Rules and Regulations


Area Source Compliance Manager: 302 739-9402.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.