Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Underground Injections and Injection Wells

Underground injection well permits for uses including long term CO2 storage, waste disposal, oil production, mining, and preventing saltwater intrusion

Permits issued to businesses or industries involved in a groundwater remediation project. The Underground Injection Control (UIC) program is proposing new regulations, please see the links included for more information.

More Information and

Department: DNREC

Division: Water

Office: Ground Water Discharges Section


Permit issued for a maximum term of 5 years


NA, Currently no fee associated with this program element. New regulations are currently being proposed.

Apply Online (Fillable)

Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations

State of Delaware Regulations:
Federal Regulations:


Kathy Wright can be contacted by email at and by phone at (302)739-9948.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , , ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.