Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo

Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

Fire Marshal: Licenses and Permits

Public assembly, new buildings, change of ownership, occupancy limits, student dormitories, amusement rides, explosives, blasters, fireworks displays, fire escapes and fire exits, fire lanes, and subdivisions

Please visit the website of the State Fire Marshal for more information. Permits being obtained for occupancy within the city limits of the City of Wilmington, City of New Castle, City of Newark, and City of Dover must be obtained from the jurisdictional Fire Marshal for those areas (please see this page for info on the jurisdictional Fire Marshal: and for Town/City Building Inspectors please see

More Information

Department: State Fire Prevention Commission

Division: State Fire Marshal

Application Form

Please visit the State Fire Marshal website for more information:

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Headquarters Division can be contacted by email at and by phone at 302-739-5665.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Related Topics:  ,

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.