Business First Steps Business First Steps Business First Steps

Environmental Protection

Solid Waste Landfills

Approvals for Landfills dealing with Solid Waste

Landfills receiving solid and industrial waste must be permitted by DNREC's Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances . The Division permits and inspects landfills; however, it does not run them.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Waste and Hazardous Substances

Office: Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Section


Case by case up to 10 year max


$7,000 per year

Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Brad Richardson can be contacted by email at and by phone at 302-739-9403.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Start a new search