Businesses: concerned about Coronavirus? Learn More logo
Listen to this page using ReadSpeaker

Delaware Business First Steps

Index of State of Delaware Business Licenses and Registrations

 Pages Tagged With: "Manufacturing"

Boilers and Pressure Vessels

Registration of newly installed boilers and pressure vessels that serve the public Boilers and pressure vessels that are in locations that serve the public have to be registered and inspected every two years to prevent explosions from occurring. More Information Department: DNREC Division: Waste and Hazardous Substances Office: Emergency Response & Strategic Services Term […]

Read More

Accidental Release Prevention: Chemicals Posing Hazards

Risk Management Plan (RMP) must be submitted to DNREC for approval The Accidental Release Prevention (ARP) program requires Risk Management Plans from facilities with certain chemicals, and the ARP inspects chemical facilities subject to its regulations once every three years. The Federal Regulations specify the chemicals and the amounts to be regulated; the State of […]

Read More

Emergency Release Notification

Reporting of chemical releases/spills Emergency release of a listed chemical above its designated Reportable Quantity requires immediate notification to DNREC and others, and possibly a written follow-up release report. More Information Department: DNREC Division: Waste and Hazardous Substances Office:¬†Emergency Response & Strategic Services Term Any spilling, leaking, pumping, pouring, emitting, emptying, discharging, injecting, escaping, […]

Read More

Hazardous Chemical Inventory (Initial, Annual Tier II, and Updates)

Reporting for businesses that use or store specific chemicals Businesses having certain chemicals on-site above specified threshold levels are required to report on identity, amount, locations, storage containers, hazards, etc. for each chemical. Also provide emergency contact information, site plot plan, etc. Information is made available to emergency planning and response organizations. Fees submitted with […]

Read More

Manufacturing in Delaware’s Coastal Zone

Coastal Zone Act Permit The Coastal Zone Act (CZA) Program regulates existing non-conforming uses already in the Coastal Zone and new manufacturing uses proposing to locate within Delaware’s Coastal Zone. A Coastal Zone Status Decision can help determine whether a proposed activity is considered heavy industry, or to determine if the proposed activity is exempt […]

Read More

Manufacture/Sale of Mattresses, Pillows and Bedding

The Bedding Program within Health Systems Protection is responsible for regulatory oversight and permitting of bedding manufacturers, distributors and sterilization plants. Operations that manufacture or distribute new or used mattresses, pillows and bedding within the State of Delaware are required to submit to the permitting process. More Information Department: Health and Social Services Division: […]

Read More

Nonalcoholic Beverage Manufacture

For manufacturers and bottlers of non-alcoholic beverages for sale No person shall manufacture for sale in bottles or jugs any soft drink or other nonalcoholic beverage (except apple cider) within this State without having first applied for and having received a license from the Department of Health and Social Services. Milk production is a separate […]

Read More

Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Reporting

For larger facilities manufacturing/processing/using certain toxic chemicals Certain larger industrial facilities manufacturing, processing, or using listed toxic chemicals above annual threshold amounts are required to report on-site releases, off-site transfers, and waste management activities for each covered chemical. Data are compiled into annual Statewide TRI report released publicly, as somewhat of an annual “report card” […]

Read More

First Steps Feedback

Let us know how we can make this page better.

If we have questions about your update, we might need to reach out to you.