Hire A Great Workforce
- Delaware Economic Development Office (DEDO): Workforce Development Training and Grants
- Delaware Department of Labor: Employer Services
- Find Employees via Delaware JobLink with Delaware Department of Labor
- Business USA: Help with Hiring Employees Wizard
- US Department of Labor: Compliance Assistance
Find Financing Opportunities
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Understanding Financing
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs
- Delaware Economic Development Office (DEDO) Business Financing Programs
- First State Community Loan Fund Financial and Business Development Services
- Check out a comprehensive list of organizations and programs on Global Delaware's website.
Explore Government Contracts
- State of Delaware Bid Solicitation Directory
- Procurement and Technical Assistance Center Delaware
- State of Delaware Supplier Diversity Office
- State of Delaware Government Contracts
- Search Grants.Gov for Federal Opportunities
- Federal Opportunities for Small Businesses
- Federal Government Business Opportunities
- Federal Government Research Grants for Small Businesses
- Small Business Contracting Opportunities with the Military
Export your Products/Services
- State of Delaware Corporate & International Development Group
- World Trade Center Delaware
- Food Export USA Northeast Branch (includes Delaware)
- U.S. Department of Commerce Export Assistance Center in Philadelphia (includes Delaware)
- Port of Wilmington, Delaware
- Connect with Industry Groups and Other Resources in Delaware
- See a List of Current Events for Exporting and Networking Information
Venture Capital Funds Servicing Delaware Small Businesses
Delaware Innovation Fund
- Website: http://innovationcapital.com/delaware-innovation-fund/
- Services: The Delaware Innovation Fund (DIF) is a not-for-profit $10 million private economic development venture capital entity established in 1995. The DIF provides counsel, education and selective early-stage investment capital to encourage the growth of seed, start-up and early-stage high technology companies in Delaware and the surrounding Mid-Atlantic region. The DIF provides early-stage investment funding in either the form of equity capital or convertible debentures. The DIF also provides technical assistance through business counseling, entrepreneurial seminars, and its wide network of professional resources. The Fund has emerged as the leader in venture and entrepreneurial development in Delaware. Involvement within the Community is important to the Delaware Innovation Fund. Whether participating in educational events or seminars, serving on numerous boards, committees or councils, the DIF is committed to making a valuable contribution to entrepreneurial efforts and economic growth within our community.
Innovation Ventures, LP
- Website: http://innovationcapital.com/innovation-ventures-fund-page/
- Services: Innovation Ventures, L.P. (IV), is an SBIC venture capital fund focused on growth and early-stage investments in the areas of information technology; ecommerce technology, software; business information services related to the legal, financial services and manufacturing industries; chemicals and materials; and, electronic materials and devices. IV invests in enterprises located primarily on the East Coast, with a particular emphasis on the Mid-Atlantic region including PA, DE, NY, MD and NJ. We support our portfolio companies by offering operational experience relevant to their businesses and assistance in setting strategic direction, building management teams, connecting our portfolio companies with other resources, raising additional capital and planning liquidity strategies.
First State Innovation Fund
- Website: http://www.firststateinnovation.org/
- Services: Launched in 2006, First State Innovation (FSI) is a privately led initiative that focuses on increasing Delaware's entrepreneurial capacity. FSI has accomplished this by helping technology-based and early stage businesses find traditional seed capital, alternative funding, skilled human capital, commercialization assistance, intellectual capital, and other entrepreneurial resources. Specific focus: biotechnology and life sciences, advanced materials, IT, nanotechnology, financial services, and supporting infrastructure.
Leading Edge Venture
- Website: http://www.leadingedgevc.com/
- Services: Seed and early stage venture capital investment, with a Mid-Atlantic focus in vertically-oriented business applications & services, enterprise infrastructure & applications, medical devices & technologies, materials & core science.
Early Stage East (Host of Events/Conferences)
- Website: http://earlystageeast.org/
- Services: Early Stage East℠ is one of the largest geographic venture conferences for promising young companies. Early Stage East℠ (ESE) hosts a variety of events and conferences throughout the year focused on accelerating a company’s success in fundraising and strategy development to meet its corporate goals. Launched in 1998, ESE has emerged as a must attend event for every venture capital, institution, angel and corporate investor in search of the most innovative companies.
Do you run a venture capital fund that works with Delaware small businesses that is not listed here? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can include your fund.