Business First Steps Business First Steps Business First Steps

Contractors/Building/Construction/Home Owner Improvements

Wetlands, Subaqueous Lands, and Marina Permits

Permits for certain activities within Wetland and Waters

Permits are issued for the placement of structures in privately owned subaqueous lands and tidal wetlands. Leases are issued for the placement of structures in publicly owned subaqueous lands. Most entities are required to obtain a permit to construct in waters or tidal wetlands of the state. Applicants include the general public, federal, state, county and local governments, environmental consultants, contractors.

More Information

Department: DNREC

Division: Water

Office: Wetlands and Subaqueous Lands Secton (WSLS)


Permits are valid 1 to 3 years depending on type


Application Form

Renewal Form

Lease renewals sent by the WSLS

Applicable Laws

Applicable Rules and Regulations


Gayle Calder and Scott Figurski can be contacted by email at and and by phone at 302-739-9943.


This search covers most of the frequently requested licenses, certifications, registrations, and filings that the State of Delaware requires. However, this is not a fully exhaustive list of every possible requirement. Please consult with the appropriate state agencies to find out if there are additional requirements you must fulfill.

Start a new search