Open Your Business
Hire A Great Workforce
Find Financing Opportunities
Explore Government Contracts
Export your Products/Services
Venture Capital Funds Servicing Delaware Small Businesses
Delaware Innovation Fund
- Website: http://innovationcapital.com/delaware-innovation-fund/
- Services: The Delaware Innovation Fund (DIF) is a not-for-profit $10 million private economic development venture capital entity established in 1995. The DIF provides counsel, education and selective early-stage investment capital to encourage the growth of seed, start-up and early-stage high technology companies in Delaware and the surrounding Mid-Atlantic region. The DIF provides early-stage investment funding in either the form of equity capital or convertible debentures. The DIF also provides technical assistance through business counseling, entrepreneurial seminars, and its wide network of professional resources. The Fund has emerged as the leader in venture and entrepreneurial development in Delaware. Involvement within the Community is important to the Delaware Innovation Fund. Whether participating in educational events or seminars, serving on numerous boards, committees or councils, the DIF is committed to making a valuable contribution to entrepreneurial efforts and economic growth within our community.
Innovation Ventures, LP
- Website: http://innovationcapital.com/innovation-ventures-fund-page/
- Services: Innovation Ventures, L.P. (IV), is an SBIC venture capital fund focused on growth and early-stage investments in the areas of information technology; ecommerce technology, software; business information services related to the legal, financial services and manufacturing industries; chemicals and materials; and, electronic materials and devices. IV invests in enterprises located primarily on the East Coast, with a particular emphasis on the Mid-Atlantic region including PA, DE, NY, MD and NJ. We support our portfolio companies by offering operational experience relevant to their businesses and assistance in setting strategic direction, building management teams, connecting our portfolio companies with other resources, raising additional capital and planning liquidity strategies.
First State Innovation Fund
- Website: http://firststateinnovation.org/
- Services: Launched in 2006, First State Innovation (FSI) is a privately led initiative that focuses on increasing Delaware's entrepreneurial capacity. FSI has accomplished this by helping technology-based and early stage businesses find traditional seed capital, alternative funding, skilled human capital, commercialization assistance, intellectual capital, and other entrepreneurial resources. Specific focus: biotechnology and life sciences, advanced materials, IT, nanotechnology, financial services, and supporting infrastructure.
Leading Edge Venture
- Website: http://leadingedgevc.com/
- Services: Seed and early stage venture capital investment, with a Mid-Atlantic focus in vertically-oriented business applications & services, enterprise infrastructure & applications, medical devices & technologies, materials & core science.